Circles and discussion groups: All these discussion
activities have been open to both Muslims and non-Muslims
alike. They are conducted in English with an informal
question and answer session at the end. Typically they
last between an hour-and-a-half to two hours. The talks
are all delivered by the Chief Executive, Md. Manwar
Ali aka Abu Muntasir.
Ipswich (Thursday evening 1 hour talks on the Prophet's
life, Saturday morning 2 hour classes on Islam, ICR broadcasts
on Tuesday mornings)
MONTHLY: London: Regents Park, Wembley Mosque
have been delivered at the following places aimed at
Muslims. Some of these places were visited several times:
1. Bristol University
2. Cardiff University
3. City Circle (Edgeware Road)
4. East Anglia University
5. Keele University
6. Loughborough University
7. Manchester Metropolitan University
8. Manchester University
9. Nottingham University
10. Portsmouth University
11. Sheffield University
12. Suffolk University (UCS)
13. Swansea University
14. Wolverhampton University
presentations, dialogue and training for the benefit of primarily
1. Bucklesham Primary School
2. Bungay Middle School
3. Copleston School
4. East of England Faiths Council Meeting.
5. Facilitator at the Lowestoft College Diversity Event.
6. Faith Walk for SNC students & staff.
7. Gusford School
8. Ipswich School
9. Kesgrave School
10. Meeting Dr. S. Johnson of University of Leeds on "Violent
11. Meetings with the Anglican clergy.
12. Meetings with the Cambridge University Faculty of Divinity
for "Being Muslim Being British" course DVD.
13. Meetings with the Mayor.
14. Meetings with the Suffolk Constabulary.
15. Otley Hall workshop.
16. Performed at the Lowestoft Choral Society concert at St
17. Performed at the St Ives Choral Society concert at St
Ives Free Church
18. Speaker at Ernst & Young Diversity programme.
19. Speaker at Islamic Foundation Retreat.
20. Speaker at the Reading Muslim Council AGM.
21. St. Albans Catholic High School
22. Stonham Aspal CEVAP School
23. Take a series of classes for GCSE Humanities pupils at
the Suffolk New College on Islam.
24. Talk at the Ditchingham Retreat (non-Muslim).
25. University Campus Suffolk diversity training for radiography
One Community in Conversation (OCC) at the UCS on 13th
of January with Professor Dave Muller (Principal of Suffolk
New College), Professor Bob Anderson (Pro-Vice-Chancellor
& Chief Executive of University Campus Suffolk), Cllr
Rosemary Clarke (Suffolk County Council), Cllr Robin Vickery
(Ipswich Borough Council), The Right Reverend Clive Young
Islamic Week for Students Islamic Societies (SIS) (for
UCS & SNC): Back to Basics & Development of Islam in Britain.
3. SIS Talks & Seminar.
4. Meet the Family (OCC) event in March.
5. Muslimah Dilemma conference in April.
6. JIMAS Conference 23rd - 24th May at the London Muslim
7. Organised talk by speaker from abroad in Ipswich Origo
community centre and Shah Jalal Mosque (Ipswich).
8. Suffolk Muslim Conference in June at the Ipswich Town
Football Club (ITFC).
9. Qiyam-ul-Layl (Night Prayer Vigil) in September.
10. One Community in Conversation (OCC) charity fasting
event for 4YP at the IP-City in September.
11. Eid Dinner event in October at the Grand Hall, Ipswich
IN EXTERNAL EVENTS:
1. Discussion on Preventing Violence and Extremism organised
by the Cordoba Foundation at The House of Lords
2. 'What would a real counter-extremism policy look like?'
event organised by Quilliam and Policy Exchange in Manchester.
3. "Community Cohesion and Learning to be Safe Together Toolkit"
for Schools PVE Conference in Luton.
4. "What do Britons have in common?" Event at the Great Hall
of the British Medical Association (London).
5. A Harvest of People conference at St Edmundsbury Cathedral.
6. BBC Radio Suffolk programmes
7. Black History Month event at the Suffolk County Council
8. Bond Street Mosque Opening Ceremony
9. Chinese Tea Ceremony at the Ipswich Library
10. Conference on Radicalisation by The Prince Alwaleed Bin
Talal Centre of Islamic Studies (CIS) at the Faculty of Asian
and Middle Eastern Studies (FAMES), and the Centre for the
Study of the International Relations of the Middle East and
North Africa (CIRMENA), at the Faculty of Politics and International
Studies (POLIS), University of Cambridge.
11. Confronting anti-Semitism and Islamophobia conference
organised by The Joseph interfaith Foundation at the SOAS
12. Conservative Party 'Keep Britain Working' Event
13. Conservative Party debrief on Immigration.
14. Contextualising Islam in Britain series of seminars and
discussion in Cambridge organised by Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal
Centre of Islamic Studies at Cambridge.
15. Dr. Sageman's talk event on "Radicalisation, social networking
and the 'Blob-osphere' - new approaches to counter-terrorism"
organised by the Change Institute, London
16. Fringe Event: in Support of the Lives we Lead - New Horizons
summit at the Suffolk County Council
17. Further Education (FE) Celebration at the SNC.
18. HMP Highpoint Diversity Open Day
19. Instructor at Back to Basics (10 week course on Islam)
20. Ipswich & Suffolk Council for Racial Equality (ISCRE)
Board of Trustees Meetings and Annual General Meeting (AGM)
21. Ipswich & Suffolk Muslim Council meetings: 15 in all.
Having been a founding member I have had to resign in total
disillusionment with it.
22. Ipswich Community Radio (ICR) Board of Trustees Meetings
23. ISCRE "A Day in Your Life" & Race & Equality Action Team
24. Islamic History of Bengal course (London)
25. Launch of East Meets West.
26. Launch of Gallup Coexist Index 2009
27. Launch of the Year of Skills organised by the Suffolk
Chamber of Commerce
28. Learning to be Safe meetings with the Suffolk County Council.
29. Meeting with the Chief Constable at Bond Street Mosque
30. Meetings with Ben Gummer MP
31. Meetings with Council leaders.
32. Meetings with the Youth Justice Board (YJB) and East Midlands
Community Contacts Unit (Police).
33. Multicultural Eid Celebration at Ipswich Mosque
34. Multicultural Event in Colchester organised by TACMEP.
35. Murrayfield Primary School governor meetings (Full, Premises
& Finance committee) + Ministerial Visit
36. Muslim Safety Forum (MSF) meetings (London)
37. Official launch of the Contextualising Islam in Britain
38. Orwell Housing Association meeting.
39. Presentation at Muslim Council of Wales reception in honour
first minister Rt. Hon Rhodri Morgan, AM at the City Hall
40. Seb Coe Challenge (Bury St. Edmunds)
41. SNC & UCS Chaplaincy & Steering Group meetings
42. SNC & UCS Freshers' Fairs
43. Successful Management of your Supplementary School seminar.
44. Suffolk New College (SNC) & University Campus Suffolk
(UCS) Chaplaincy Launch
45. Tackling Extremism and Radicalisation Within and Across
Communities seminar organised by CPP Seminars UK.
46. Talk at South Indian Muslim Welfare Association (SIMWA)